Search Top Lawyers Near You
Enter legal issue and location
Top Chester Wrongful Termination Lawyers - Virginia
Employment law is our passion. The last thing you want to worry about is making wrong legal decisions that can lead to more problems. You have to know your rights. Our caring team of professionals is dedicated to helping you with your employment related problems. We have a team of dedicated lawyers available to represent workers who have suffered from wrongful termination, discrimination,...
Here at The Erlich Law Office in Arlington, Virginia, we provide exceptional advocacy and support to employees across our area who suffered a violation of their rights as workers on the job. In addition, our law firm's attorneys also offer unmatched representation for those seeking restitution for other civil rights violations as well as those who have pressing and complex civil litigation issues...
Speak With A Wrongful Termination Lawyer If You Were Fired In Chester, Virginia
If you were fired and believe that your termination was illegal, an employment attorney who handles wrongful termination cases in Chester may be able to help.
Employment lawyers protect the rights of people who have been fired in a variety of ways. They handle wrongful termination lawsuits, file complaints with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and related state-level organizations and provide trusted advice to those who need it the most.
We've put together a list of lawyers and law firms in your area so that you can get the legal advice you need to pursue your wrongful termination claim.
Types Of Wrongful Termination
A lawyer can help you determine if your firing was allowed under the law, or whether it violated federal laws, Virginia laws or local ordinances related to:
- Discriminatory reasons, including employment discrimination based on race, color, national origin, age, sex (including issues related to pregnancy and sexual orientation), religious beliefs or disability status.
- Retaliation for taking medical leave (including leave related to COVID-19/coronavirus), reporting sexual harassment, seeking workers' compensation benefits, being a whistleblower or helping with whistleblowing activities, or filing a personal injury claim or pursuing other legal issues against the company or its employees.
- Breaking an employment contract or violation of an employment agreement.
- Other illegal reasons for termination that run counter to public policy and Virginia law.
An attorney can help you sort through these and other potential causes of your wrongful termination, as well as stand up for your rights if your former employer claims that you were let go for allowable reasons such as being an at-will employee.
What Questions Should I Ask A Wrongful Termination Lawyer?
Not sure what to ask a wrongful termination attorney? Here are a few sample questions to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many employment law cases have you handled?
- How much does a wrongful termination case cost?
- Where is your law office in Chester located?
- What are the next steps?
Want To Check Lawyer Discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.