Search Top Lawyers Near You
Enter legal issue and location
Los Angeles County, CA: Wrongful Termination Lawyers, Attorneys and Law Firms
Serving both employees and employers alike throughout The Valley and the West Side of the Los Angeles metro region from our law office in Burbank, California, the attorneys at Scott Wagner & Associates, P.A., are here to help you with virtually any employment law or health care law need you may have. Widely regarded as one of the nation's leading labor and employment law practices, we have...
Jay S. Rothman & Associates of Woodland Hills, California has a long reputation for effective employment law representation. If an employer violates an employee's rights, our law firm can help you evaluate and pursue your legal rights. Our principal attorney, Jay S. Rothman has over 40 years of experience representing employees against their employers. Our lawyers exclusively represent...
Here at the law firm of Buchsbaum & Haag LLP in Long Beach, California, we are taking the lead in employment law, and we promise to do all we can to help you face your legal challenges head-on and to increase your chances of obtaining the favorable outcome you expect and deserve. After working together for nearly 20 years at one of the largest employee rights law firms in Southern California,...
"Located in Los Angeles, the employment law firm of Moon & Yang, APC, offers experienced, high-quality legal representation for employees working in all types of workplace settings. Moon & Yang, APC is commited to providing our clients with aggressive legal advocacy in the pursuit of justice. Since 2007, our trusted and experienced Los Angeles attorneys have been providing our clients...
Speak With A Wrongful Termination Lawyer If You Were Fired In Los Angeles County, CA
If you were fired and believe that your termination was illegal, an employment attorney who handles wrongful termination cases in Los Angeles County, California, may be able to help.
Employment lawyers protect the rights of people who have been fired in a variety of ways. They handle wrongful termination lawsuits, file complaints with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and related state-level organizations and provide trusted advice to those who need it the most.
We've put together a list of lawyers and law firms in your area so that you can get the legal advice you need to pursue your wrongful termination claim.
Types Of Wrongful Termination
A lawyer can help you determine if your firing was allowed under the law, or whether it violated federal laws, California laws or local ordinances related to:
- Discriminatory reasons, including employment discrimination based on race, color, national origin, age, sex (including issues related to pregnancy and sexual orientation), religious beliefs or disability status.
- Retaliation for taking medical leave (including leave related to COVID-19/coronavirus), reporting sexual harassment, seeking workers' compensation benefits, being a whistleblower or helping with whistleblowing activities, or filing a personal injury claim or pursuing other legal issues against the company or its employees.
- Breaking an employment contract or violation of an employment agreement.
- Other illegal reasons for termination that run counter to public policy and California law.
An attorney can help you sort through these and other potential causes of your wrongful termination, as well as stand up for your rights if your former employer claims that you were let go for allowable reasons such as being an at-will employee.
What Questions Should I Ask A Wrongful Termination Lawyer?
Not sure what to ask a wrongful termination attorney? Here are a few sample questions to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many employment law cases have you handled?
- How much does a wrongful termination case cost?
- Where is your law office in Los Angeles County located?
- What are the next steps?
Want To Check Lawyer Discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.