Enter legal issue and location
Pennsylvania: Cannabis Law Lawyers
Please select a city to find local Pennsylvania Cannabis Law lawyers.
Cannabis Law Lawyers in Common Pennsylvania Cities
Common Pennsylvania Counties
Common Pennsylvania Metros
Starting A Marijuana Business? You're In The Right Place.
Prior to 1996, few states allowed cannabis to be used for medical purposes and no states had legalized cannabis for recreational use. Today, about three dozen states, four U.S. territories and the District of Columbia have legalized medical marijuana. More than two dozen states have legalized recreational marijuana and more states continue to pursue marijuana legalization every year.
The change in attitudes toward medical cannabis and recreational marijuana has created endless opportunities for entrepreneurs and business-minded people. Cannabis businesses can now operate legally in a number of states, including operating as:
- Marijuana retailers
- Cannabis cultivators
- Cannabis distribution & transportation
- CBD and THC concentrate producers
- Product testing laboratories
- Cannabis marketing
- Paraphernalia producers and retailers
- Marijuana delivery providers
- Cannabis packaging providers
What are the Land Use and Zoning Issues Involved with a Cannabis Business?
Cannabis businesses are strictly regulated regarding land use and zoning. Each state, county, and municipality may have its own regulations that limit where a cannabis business can be located and limit the type of business that can be conducted on-site. Zoning regulations and land use laws may restrict business operations in:
- The number of marijuana production sites
- Fencing and access
- Retail locations near schools
- Concentration of cannabis businesses in a certain area
Zoning laws may also limit how and where cannabis businesses can open and operate, with retail businesses permitted in commercial or industrial zones. Processing facilities may be limited to industrial zones and production may be limited to farm use, industrial farming, or small farming operations. In most states, marijuana commercial businesses are not allowed to operate in residential districts.
Other land-use restrictions may have specific requirements for marijuana businesses in time, place, and manner of operations, including:
- Waste management
- Minimum set-offs
- Water use
- Hours and access
Need a lawyer in Pennsylvania?
FindLaw's Lawyer Directory is the largest online directory of lawyers. Browse more than one million listings, covering everything from divorce to personal injury to estate planning.
Detailed law firm profiles have information like the firm's area of law, office location, office hours, and payment options. Lawyer profiles include the biography, education and training, and client recommendations of a lawyer to help you decide who to hire.
Use the contact form on the profiles to connect with a Pennsylvania lawyer for legal advice.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?