Enter legal issue and location
Alaska: Child Support Lawyers
Please select a city to find local Alaska Child Support lawyers.
Child Support Lawyers in Common Alaska Cities
Common Alaska Counties
- Aleutians East Borough, AK
- Aleutians West Census Area, AK
- Bethel Census Area, AK
- City and Borough of Juneau, AK
- City and Borough of Sitka, AK
- Denali Borough, AK
- Dillingham Census Area, AK
- Fairbanks North Star Borough, AK
- Haines Borough, AK
- Kenai Peninsula Borough, AK
- Ketchikan Gateway Borough, AK
- Kodiak Island Borough, AK
- Matanuska Susitna Borough, AK
- Municipality of Anchorage, AK
- Nome Borough, AK
- North Slope Borough, AK
- Northwest Arctic Borough, AK
- Prince of Wales Hyder Census Area, AK
- Skagway Hoonah Angoon Census Area, AK
- Southeast Fairbanks Census Area, AK
- Valdez Cordova Census Area, AK
- Wade Hampton Census Area, AK
- Wrangell Petersburg Borough, AK
- Yukon Koyukuk Census Area, AK
How Can Child Support Lawyers Help?
If you are a parent who needs help getting child support payments, modifying an existing child support order, or collecting unpaid back child support, a child support lawyer can help.
Questions To Ask A Child Support Lawyer
It can be tough to know exactly what questions to ask an attorney about your child support situation. Here are some of the questions that you might want to ask a lawyer during your initial consultation:
- How does a change in a parent's income affect child support?
- What options are available for child support enforcement?
- How difficult is it to change the child support amount or obtain a child support modification?
- How does custodial parent vs. non-custodial parent status affect support payments?
- Does alimony change the amount of child support I receive or pay?
- How can I be sure that child support payments cover daycare (or other childcare options), health insurance and health care costs, special needs care and all of the other needs of the children?
Whether you need help enforcing a court order, changing the amount of child support you receive or pay, or have other child support needs, picking the right attorney can make a world of difference.
How Do I Choose A Child Support Attorney?
Consider the following when determining which law firm you want to work on your child support case:
Comfort Level - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your child support or child custody problem?
Credentials - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Is the lawyer familiar with child support guidelines in your state? Has the lawyer worked on other child support cases similar to yours?
Cost - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
City - Is their law office conveniently located near you?
Use FindLaw to hire a local child support lawyer near you to set child support obligations, enforce child support orders, and resolve other child support issues.