Enter legal issue and location
Washington: Domestic Violence Lawyers
Please select a city to find local Washington Domestic Violence lawyers.
Domestic Violence Lawyers in Common Washington Cities
Common Washington Counties
Common Washington Metros
Lawyers For Domestic Violence Cases
On this page, you’ll find listings for attorneys who handle all aspects of domestic abuse and domestic violence cases. Some of the firms represent victims of domestic violence, while others defend the rights of those who have been accused of domestic abuse or other related crimes. To find the lawyer who can best help with your situation, review the law firms’ profiles, visit their websites, and then contact them to confirm that you feel comfortable working with them on your domestic violence case.Protecting Victims
Domestic violence can include many types of abuse including spousal abuse, family abuse, and dating abuse. Domestic violence can also include emotional abuse as well as physical abuse.
Attorneys who assist domestic abuse victims can help you seek a restraining order (sometimes called a protection order, protective order, or order for protection) to keep your abuser away from you. They will also help you understand your legal options and provide insight into how domestic violence issues can affect issues such as child custody and child support.Defending The Accused
If you are facing domestic violence charges (or similar criminal charges), you need to get a criminal defense lawyer who understands domestic violence laws in Washington on your side immediately. In addition to potential jail time, the possible outcomes for not addressing these allegations quickly could affect the rest of your life.
Need A Domestic Violence Attorney In Washington?
FindLaw's Lawyer Directory is the largest online directory of attorneys. Browse more than one million listings, covering everything from criminal defense to personal injury to estate planning.
Detailed law firm profiles have information like the firm's area of law, office location, office hours, and payment options. Attorney profiles include the biography, education and training, and client recommendations of an attorney to help you decide who to hire.
Use the contact form on the profiles to connect with Washington attorneys for legal advice.
How Do I Choose A Domestic Violence Lawyer?
Consider the following when seeking legal services and determining which attorney you plan to hire for your legal matter:Comfort Level
- Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?Credentials
- How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?Cost
- Does the attorney offer free consultations, or does the initial consult cost money? How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?City
- Is the lawyer's office conveniently located near you?
Not Sure What Questions To Ask A Lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started as you search for an experienced domestic violence attorney in Washington:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want To Check Lawyer Discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.