Enter legal issue and location
Oklahoma: Education Lawyers
Please select a city to find local Oklahoma Education lawyers.
Education Lawyers in Common Oklahoma Cities
- Broken Arrow
- Broken Bow
- El Reno
- Elk City
- Oklahoma City
- Pauls Valley
- Ponca City
- Sand Springs
- All Oklahoma Cities »
Common Oklahoma Counties
- Bryan County, OK
- Canadian County, OK
- Carter County, OK
- Cherokee County, OK
- Cleveland County, OK
- Comanche County, OK
- Creek County, OK
- Delaware County, OK
- Garfield County, OK
- Grady County, OK
- Kay County, OK
- Le Flore County, OK
- Logan County, OK
- Muskogee County, OK
- Oklahoma County, OK
- Osage County, OK
- Payne County, OK
- Pittsburg County, OK
- Pottawatomie County, OK
- Rogers County, OK
- Stephens County, OK
- Tulsa County, OK
- Wagoner County, OK
- Washington County, OK
- All Oklahoma Counties »
Find A Trusted Education Lawyer
Education lawyers represent parents and their children in cases involving students' access to public school education, rights of special needs students under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), discrimination in education, and more. When you need help to make sure that your child receives an appropriate education, contacting an education law attorney near you is the first step.
Use the list of education law professionals that we've compiled to hire a local education law lawyer to help with the issues your child is facing at school.
What Can Special Education Lawyers Do?
Within the field of education law, there is a subset of special education attorneys who are primarily focused on fighting for special needs children and those with learning disabilities. These attorneys can:
- Build a case for your child's eligibility for an individualized education program (IEP).
- Guide you through the IEP meeting preparation process and potentially attend the IEP meeting with you.
- In some instances, attorneys may even participate in the IEP drafting process.
- Represent clients in due process hearings when disputes arise.
Education Lawyers Help With All Types Of Education Law Issues
In addition to offering legal advice about special education and general education law-related topics, education law attorneys answer detailed questions such as:
- What rules can school districts and school boards set regarding student safety and discipline?
- Are there different laws or regulations for how public schools and private schools in the United States can act toward students?
- Is there a difference in regulations that apply to higher education institutions compared to elementary schools, middle schools and high schools?
- Do public health issues (such as the COVID-19/coronavirus pandemic) modify how schools can treat students? Do those issue change what options schools must offer, such as distance learning?
- How does Title IX protect against discrimination?
- Can an education lawyer help with civil rights issues?
- Can a lawyer attend a due process hearing?
- What options do I have if my child's right to free speech has been violated by a school or teacher?
How Do I Choose An Education Attorney?
Consider the following when speaking with any of the education attorneys listed in this lawyer directory:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information and speaking about your child with them? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your child's problem?
- - How many years of experience does the lawyer have? Has the lawyer worked on other education law cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the law firm conveniently located for you and your child?