Enter legal issue and location
Ohio Counties: DUI & DWI Lawyers, Attorneys, and Law Firms
Please select a county to find local Ohio DUI & DWI lawyers.
Sponsored OH Attorneys Near You
Fight OVI Charges
You need to reach out for help quickly if you've been arrested for OVI (Ohio’s version of what is commonly called DUI/DWI) or another drunk driving offense. Without an experienced OVI lawyer on your side, you may lose your driver’s license, pay massive fines, or face jail time.
An OVI defense attorney can challenge breathalyzer/Intoxilyzer or blood test results, ensure that your rights are protected and seek to reduce or eliminate the potential penalties of an OVI.
Need An OVI Attorney In Ohio?
On this page, we’ve assembled a list of top OVI defense attorneys in your area. These criminal defense lawyers can help you understand all aspects of your case. For example, did you know that there’s a difference in how OVI cases are handled when blood alcohol content (BAC) is at different levels? These knowledgeable attorneys can explain what things such as this mean for your case.
Contact the attorneys on this list to learn more about how they can try to minimize how a drinking and driving-related arrest or conviction harms your future.
Not Sure What Questions To Ask An OVI Lawyer?
After an arrest for OVI (formerly called OMVI), it can be difficult to know what to do or what your options are. When speaking with an OVI defense lawyer, these questions can help you start the conversation and learn more:
- Will I lose my driver’s license after an OVI arrest?
- How long does a license suspension last in Ohio, and when do driving privileges get restored?
- Are field sobriety test results accurate, and how can the results hurt or help me?
- How accurate are breath tests?
- Will I have to have an ignition interlock device (IID) on my vehicle?
How To Choose An OVI Lawyer
When deciding which criminal defense attorney to hire for your OVI case, here are a few questions that you may want to ask them:
- Do you offer free consultations?
- How many years of experience do you have?
- How many cases involving driving under the influence and OVI have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- Where is your law firm located?
- What are the next steps?