Enter legal issue and location
Missouri Metros: Child Support Lawyers, Attorneys, and Law Firms
Please select a metro to find local Missouri Child Support lawyers.
How Can Child Support Lawyers Help?
If you are a parent who needs help getting child support payments, modifying an existing child support order, or collecting unpaid back child support, a child support lawyer can help.
Questions To Ask A Child Support Lawyer
It can be tough to know exactly what questions to ask an attorney about your child support situation. Here are some of the questions that you might want to ask a lawyer during your initial consultation:
- How does a change in a parent's income affect child support?
- What options are available for child support enforcement?
- How difficult is it to change the child support amount or obtain a child support modification?
- How does custodial parent vs. non-custodial parent status affect support payments?
- Does alimony change the amount of child support I receive or pay?
- How can I be sure that child support payments cover daycare (or other childcare options), health insurance and health care costs, special needs care and all of the other needs of the children?
Whether you need help enforcing a court order, changing the amount of child support you receive or pay, or have other child support needs, picking the right attorney can make a world of difference.
How Do I Choose A Child Support Attorney?
Consider the following when determining which law firm you want to work on your child support case:
Comfort Level - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your child support or child custody problem?
Credentials - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Is the lawyer familiar with child support guidelines in your state? Has the lawyer worked on other child support cases similar to yours?
Cost - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
City - Is their law office conveniently located near you?
Use FindLaw to hire a local child support lawyer near you to set child support obligations, enforce child support orders, and resolve other child support issues.