Enter legal issue and location
California Discrimination Attorneys & Law Firms near Oakland Metro
Speak With A Discrimination Lawyer Today
If you feel you were discriminated against or given unequal treatment based on race, gender (or gender identity), disability, national origin, age, sexual orientation, religion, or some other protected class, a discrimination lawyer can help. Don't wait to talk to a discrimination attorney and find out how federal law and state law can be used to hold those who discriminated against you accountable.
Fight Discrimination No Matter What Form It Takes
Discrimination in the United States can arise in many settings and involve a wide range of issues, including:
- Workplace discrimination/employment law/employment discrimination
- Failure to make reasonable accommodations
- Failure to grant medical leave or recognize a medical condition
- Wrongful termination and layoffs
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) hearings and investigations
- Hostile work environment and hostile co-workers
- Civil rights violations (related to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964)
- Equal pay issues
- Racial discrimination/race discrimination
- Disability discrimination (in violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act), including situations related to mental disability
- Pregnancy discrimination
- Housing discrimination (including violations of the Fair Employment and Housing Act)
- Lending discrimination
- Education discrimination
Use FindLaw's attorney directory to find a local discrimination lawyer to ensure you are treated equally and that you receive the protection you are granted by anti-discrimination laws.
How Do You Hire a Good California Attorney
Finding the best lawyer for your unique situation can be a challenge, but the best way to hire a good California attorney is to talk with them, ask them questions, and make sure they meet all your needs. This usually starts with their practice area. Determine which lawyers can handle your type of case and then find a California attorney with experience in that area. So it will be important to ask about each lawyer’s years of experience, legal training, and strategy to your unique legal case.
The attorney-client relationship may also be important. If it is your first time dealing with a legal issue, you may be looking for a lawyer who can clearly and patiently explain the legal process, identify your options, and answer all your questions. You may also want an attorney who is available at any time to provide legal advice. Think about questions to ask, like if there are updates to your case, how will that be communicated? Are there specific California law deadlines that you are required to meet?
The location of your attorney's law office may also be an important factor. In larger cities like Los Angeles, San Diego, or San Francisco, you may want to find a lawyer with a convenient location to you so that you don't have to drive an hour just for signing legal papers. However, some legal services can be primarily conducted through phone calls, emails, written correspondence, and video calls, so you could, for example, have a lawyer in Sacramento handle your legal issues in Riverside.