Enter legal issue and location
Massachusetts DUI & DWI Attorneys & Law Firms near Lawrence Metro
Fight OUI Charges
You need to reach out for help quickly if you've been arrested for OUI (Massachusetts’ version of what is commonly called DUI/DWI) or another drunk driving offense. Without an experienced OUI lawyer on your side, you may lose your driver’s license, pay massive fines, or face jail time.
An OUI defense attorney can challenge breathalyzer/Intoxilyzer or blood test results, ensure that your rights are protected and seek to reduce or eliminate the potential penalties of an OUI.
Need an attorney in Massachusetts?
FindLaw's Lawyer Directory is the largest online directory of attorneys. Browse more than one million listings, covering everything from criminal defense to personal injury to estate planning.
Detailed law firm profiles have information like the firm's area of law, office location, office hours, and payment options. Attorney profiles include the biography, education and training, and client recommendations of an attorney to help you decide who to hire.
Use the contact form on the profiles to connect with a Massachusetts attorney for legal advice.
Not Sure What Questions To Ask An OUI Lawyer?
After an arrest for OUI, it can be difficult to know what to do or what your options are. When speaking with an OUI defense lawyer, these questions can help you start the conversation and learn more:
- Will I lose my driver’s license after an OUI arrest?
- How long does a license suspension last in Massachusetts, and when do driving privileges get restored?
- Are field sobriety test results accurate, and how can the results hurt or help me?
- How accurate are breath tests?
- Will I have to have an ignition interlock device (IID) on my vehicle?
How To Choose An OUI Lawyer
When deciding which criminal defense attorney to hire for your OUI case, here are a few questions that you may want to ask them:
- Do you offer free consultations?
- How many years of experience do you have?
- How many cases involving driving under the influence and OUI have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- Where is your law firm located?
- What are the next steps?