Enter legal issue and location
Wisconsin Landlord & Tenant Attorneys & Law Firms near Milwaukee-Waukesha Metro
Rental Property Or Housing Issues? A Landlord/Tenant Lawyer Can Help.
Whether you are a renter who is leasing a house or apartment or a landlord who rents out real estate, there are a variety of reasons that you may need legal advice. A landlord/tenant attorney in Wisconsin can help you analyze your situation, determine what your rights are, and make a well-informed decision about how to protect your interests.
We've created a list of trusted landlord/tenant attorneys to help you find a lawyer who is the best fit for your situation.
Common Landlord/Tenant Issues
Legal issues related to real estate and the landlord/tenant relationship come in a variety of forms. In Wisconsin, these often include:
- Landlord/tenant disputes, such as those related to rental rates, late or unpaid rent, security deposits, disagreements about the habitability of rental property, and other tenant rights and landlord rights issues.
- Eviction, either seeking to evict a tenant or helping a tenant fight eviction and stay in their home (especially during times where additional tenants' rights/renters' rights are in effect, such as the COVID-19/coronavirus pandemic).
- Rental agreements and lease agreements, including initial drafting and review of rental contracts, updates to the terms of the lease, and other contract-related matters.
- Discrimination claims, including those related to housing discrimination on the basis of race, national origin, sex, religion, disability or other classification protected under the federal Fair Housing Act or other Wisconsin laws or local ordinances.
- Commercial real estate matters, from negotiating an initial commercial lease to litigating business disputes related to the lease or other issues.
- Personal injury claims, if a property is not kept safe and in proper repair and someone is injured as a result.
- Addressing tangential issues for landlords, including business law and estate planning-related issues such as business succession planning, and protection of rental property assets in a divorce or other family law matter.
Contact the law firms listed here to discuss your landlord/tenant matters or any other legal issues that you are facing.
How Do I Choose A Lawyer For Landlord/Tenant Issues?
Consider the following when deciding to handle your landlord/tenant case:
Comfort Level - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem and listening to your story?
Credentials - How long has the lawyer been in practice in the field of real estate law and landlord/tenant law in Wisconsin? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
Cost - Does the lawyer offer a free consultation? How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
City - Is the lawyer's office located near you or in a place you can easily reach?