Cedar Rapids Workers' Compensation Law Firm
Serving Linn, Johnson and Benton counties and the rest of Eastern Iowa, Mr. Kucera and our law firm provide the personalized attention and compassionate support our clients need who are dealing with legal issues involving any of the following:
• Personal injury and wrongful death claims resulting from automobile and commercial truck accidents, medical malpractice, defective products, dangerous property conditions, and other acts of negligence or wrongdoing
• Workers' compensation claims and appeals for denied claims
• Wills and estate planning
• Criminal defense
Having practiced law for more than 30 years, Mr. Kucera has the extensive knowledge and experience necessary to help you through your difficult legal challenge efficiently and effectively.
If you were arrested or hurt in an accident caused by someone else, you can rely on us to advocate strongly on your behalf to help you achieve the best outcome possible for your situation. If you wish to create a lasting legacy for your loved ones, we will help you draft solid estate plans and represent your interests during probate to preserve your final wishes.
No matter your legal needs with regard to one of our practice areas, you can trust Gerald J. Kucera and our law firm to help. To find out more, we invite you to contact our law office or visit our website to schedule a free initial consultation.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.