Oakbrook Terrace Personal Injury Law Firm
Established in 2007, our law firm has become the trusted source for individuals, families, entrepreneurs and small-business...
Established in 2007, our law firm has become the trusted source for individuals, families, entrepreneurs and small-business...From our law office in Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois, the attorneys at Shawn H. Heffernan & Associates, P.C., deliver exceptional representation to a diverse range of clients throughout Cook, DuPage and Will counties who have legal needs involving personal injury, family law and divorce, general civil litigation, business planning, and real estate law and transactions.
Established in 2007, our law firm has become the trusted source for individuals, families, entrepreneurs and small-business owners throughout our region, and we have more than 15 years of total legal experience helping our clients with their most important and complex legal challenges.
If you suffered an injury or loss as the result of an accident caused by someone else's negligence or wrongdoing, you can turn to our law firm to help you recover the full amount of compensation you deserve. Over the years, we have secured substantial settlements and awards on behalf of our plaintiff clients, and we promise to do whatever we can to help you obtain the finances you need while supporting you during your difficult and uncertain time.
Are you facing divorce or have some other family law issue you need to address? You can rely on us to advise you of your options to help you make the best informed decision about your case, and we will remain with you throughout all legal proceedings to protect your rights and best interests, as well as those of your children, while fighting to help you achieve the favorable outcome you expect.
In addition, our law firm provides exceptional business planning services to help you establish your company the right way, the first time, and we have extensive experience in all areas of real estate law and residential and commercial real estate transactions.
To begin receiving the honest, dedicated counsel you deserve from a local attorney you can trust with your most sensitive legal issues, look no further than Shawn H. Heffernan & Associates, P.C. To discuss your needs with no risk, you can contact our law office or visit our website to schedule a free initial consultation.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.