Enter legal issue and location
New Haven Planning Lawyer
He has served as a ...
He has served as a ...Bernard A. Pellegrino devotes the majority of his practice to planning, zoning, environmental and administrative law, as well as general real estate development. Attorney Pellegrino advises and represents property owners in obtaining all required permits at the local, state and federal level, whether it be for a major shopping mall or for an addition on a residential home. His practice brings him to Wetland Commissions and Planning and Zoning Commissions throughout the State.
He has served as a guest lecturer in the field of zoning, at Quinnipiac University School of Law.
When not practicing law, Attorney Pellegrino devotes himself to numerous community and professional endeavors. He sat as a Director on the Board of First Constitution Bank and earned the title of Trustee Emeritus from his tenure as Chairman of the Board of Trustees of Albertus Magnus College. Attorney Pellegrino also had the honor of being a member of Governor Grasso's Task Force on Housing. He served as a member of the Greater New Haven Regional Growth Partnership and as a Trustee of Yale New Haven Hospital and the Hospital of Saint Raphael. He also served as a mediator for land use cases for the Connecticut Superior Courts.
Attorney Pellegrino was admitted to the Connecticut Bar in 1961 following his education at the University of Notre Dame and University of Connecticut School of Law.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.