Enter legal issue and location
Louisville Complex Commercial Litigation Lawyer
Casey has experience with a wide range of complex civil and criminal litigation matters, including business torts, class actions, government investigations, and constitutional challenges. She practiced for five years in the New York office of the Latham & Watkins law firm before returning home to Kentucky in 2010. Clients appreciate Casey’s ability to explain the legal process, effective oral and written advocacy skills, and focus on the end-game.
About Casey Hinkle
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Appellate Advocacy
- Constitutional Law
- Class Actions
- Fiduciary Duty & Corporate Governance Litigation
- Contract Disputes
- Government Investigations
- First Amendment & Media Law
- Healthcare Litigation
- Defended issuer of life insurance policies in class actions alleging breach of policy provisions relating to cost of insurance charges.
- Represented majority owner of pari-mutuel wagering business in dispute with minority owner and lender. Negotiated favorable buy-out on eve of trial after prevailing on summary judgment motions and discovery disputes.
- Defended rehabilitation facility, doctors, and pharmacists in investigations by enforcement and licensing authorities, including the Department of Justice, Drug Enforcement Administration, and Kentucky Board of Medical Licensure.
- Defended former management employees of manufacturing company against complaint alleging misappropriation of trade secrets. Devised discovery and summary judgment strategy which resulted in plaintiff voluntarily dismissing litigation.
- Defended regional bank and wealth management employees against alleged violations of non-competition and non-solicitation covenants in stock option agreements.
- Defended Louisville Metro Government in constitutional challenge to anti-discrimination ordinance and related appeal.
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Southern District of New York
- Cornell Law School, Ithaca, New York, 2005
Law Journal: Journal of Law and Public Policy, Editor
- University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky, 2002
Major: History & Political Science
- Kentucky Super Lawyer
- New York Legal Aid Society, Award for Outstanding Pro Bono Advocacy
710 West Main Street4th Floor Louisville, KY 40202
Accepts Credit Cards
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required