Santa Ana Employment Law Lawyer
Dan currently handles employment liability claims, business transaction and litigation, medical and dental malpractice actions, complex property subrogation claims, and auto defense claims. Dan also donates 5-10% of his time each year to provide Pro Bono services on public interest issues involving Civil Rights. Dan regularly presents seminars on risk management principles for businesses and professional services companies.
Dan served 14 years in the US Army Reserve and California Army National Guard as both a non-commissioned and commissioned officer. Away from the practice of Law, Dan enjoys coaching football and most importantly, spending time with his family.
Dan is a member of the Alliance Defending Freedom, National Association of Subrogation Professionals, Los Angeles County Bar Association, Defense Research Institute, and Phi Gamma Delta (Alumnus).
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.