Columbia Car Accidents Lawyer
Mr. Furgess attended Coastal Carolina University in Conway, SC. He earned his bachelor's degree in Political Science in 2014. In 2015, Mr. Furgess received his Master's in Business Administration from Coastal Carolina University.
In 2015, Mr. Furgess began law school at North Carolina Central University in Durham, NC. While in law school, Mr. Furgess clerked for the South Carolina Office of the Attorney General and participated in the Criminal Defense Clinic. Mr. Furgess graduated cum laude from North Carolina Central University School of Law in 2018.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.