Denton Family Law Lawyer
David S. Bouschor, II is a 1991 graduate of the Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law. Mr. Bouschor was a sole practitioner and a shareholder in a previous law firm until January 2000 when he opened The Law Office of David S. Bouschor, II, P.C. in Denton, Texas. For over twenty-eight years, Mr. Bouschor’s legal practice has consisted of Family Law, Guardianship and Probate.
Since 1995 Mr. Bouschor has been Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization - a certification awarded to lawyers who have proven specialized knowledge of state laws, codes and who have tested experience in the trials and appeals of Family Law cases. He is also a member of the College of the State Bar of Texas and MENSA.
Prior to becoming an attorney, David S. Bouschor, II received his Bachelor of Science in Geology from the University of Wisconsin-Superior in 1980. This led him to work in the oil industry for several years. He has also owned a rescue and salvage diving business.
Mr. Bouschor prides himself on the highly individualized, quality service he can offer his clients as a firm structured to provide small firm client attention with large firm resources. Mr. Bouschor and his legal team work one-on-one with his clients to get to know their full legal and personal situation, assess the client’s legal issues, and help them craft the best approach to dealing with the legal matter at hand. He is a firm believer in dispute resolution through negotiation. However, when negotiation fails, he has proven himself to be a skilled litigator.
Mr. Bouschor has spent significant time training other professionals on Guardianships and the Collaborative Divorce process. He has shared his expertise with statewide, national, and international audiences. Other significant accomplishments include:
- Founder and current President and the Denton County Alternative Dispute Resolution Program (DCAP), the non-profit organization that supports the community by offering low-cost mediations to resolve disputes, saving money, and lessening the caseload at the courthouse. In addition, Mr. Bouschor annually serves dozens of hours as a mediator for DCAP Pro Bono.
- Founder of the Denton County Bar Family Lawyers Section in 2001
- Selected to Super Lawyers (awarded by Thomson Reuters) from 2011- Present
- Accepted to and attended Harvard “Project on Negotiation: Deal Design and Implementation” by the Harvard Business School and Law School in 2010
Professional Memberships & Accreditations
David S. Bouschor, II is an active member in the legal community and has served in the following organizations:
- Board of Directors - Flow Health Care Foundation, Inc. (1994 – Present)
- Board of Directors - Collaborative Divorce Texas (2017 – Present)
- President – Denton County Dispute Resolution Program (DCAP)
- Member – MENSA (1992-Present)
- Member – State Bar of Texas (1991- Present)
- Member – State Bar of Texas, Family Law Section (1991- Present)
- Member – State Bar of Texas, Real Estate, Probate & Trust Section (1993-Present)
- Member – College of the State Bar of Texas (1994- Present)
- Member – Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists (1998- Present)
- Member – International Academy of Collaborative Professionals (2007- Present)
- Member – Denton County Bar Association (1991- Present)
- Member – Denton County Probate & Real Estate Section (1995- Present)
- Member – Denton County Bar Family Law Section (2001- Present)
- Member – Denton County Collaborative Family Law Association (2001- Present)
- Member – Global Collaborative Law Council, Inc. (2010- Present)
- Member – Collaborative Divorce Texas, (2004 – Present)