Enter legal issue and location
Tustin Business Law Lawyer
Since 2013, 75% of David’s time has been devoted to defending businesses and property owners from ongoing abuse of the American with Disabilities Act (ADA). David has been involved in and has served as the primary attorney on a large part of the firm’s 1,400 ADA cases date, including cases filed in the federal Central, Southern, Northern, and Eastern Districts of California, in each of which he is admitted. David has helped hundreds of businesses and property owners fight back in ADA lawsuits and has helped work with hundreds of businesses and properties to bring their businesses and properties into compliance to ward off potential ADA lawsuits.
In addition, since 2014 David has also been a California licensed Real Estate Broker to better serve clients in real estate matters such as ADA Defense, Partition Action Litigation, real estate acquisition, and commercial leasing. David’s past, current and future focus is, and has always been, working together with the businesses and property owners to help with their legal issues and protect them from abusive litigation.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.