Enter legal issue and location
Charlotte Wrongful Death Lawyer
A highly rated attorney known for his dedication to his clients' needs and astute legal acumen, Derek has helped secure substantial, multimillion-dollar settlements and awards on behalf of personal injury victims and victims of insurance bad faith. He has also represented prevailing parties in complex arbitrations - matters ranging from construction to high profile NASCAR disputes.
In addition, Derek has led an effective appeals practice having served as lead counsel in numerous appeals. His arguments have been favorably cited in a number of published opinions.
In 2006, Derek graduated magna cum laude from The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with a B.A. in political science. He obtained his J.D. from The University of North Carolina School of Law in 2009.
Derek is admitted to practice in all North Carolina state courts, the Western and Middle U.S. District Courts of North Carolina, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Fully committed to his practice, Mr. Adler once served as president for The Chief Justice William H. Bobbitt American Inn of Court. Nominated by his peers, Mr. Adler has been distinguished as a Super Lawyer every year since 2018.
About Derek P. Adler
- Wrongful Death
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Construction & Property Law
- Personal Injury
- Contract Law
- Traffic Law
- Real Estate Litigation
- Eminent Domain
Current Employment Position(s)
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- North Carolina State Bar
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Past President and Current Member - Bobbitt Inn of Court
- University of North Carolina School of Law, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, 2009
Honors: Holderness Moot Court Gresmann-Politt Award for Oral Advocacy
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, 2006
Honors: magna cum laude
Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
Major: Political Science
- DeVore, Acton & Stafford, P.A., Intern, 2004 - 2007
Other Sources of Feedback About Derek P. Adler
Included on the 2023 North Carolina list
- 2022 North Carolina Super Lawyers list
- 2021 North Carolina Super Lawyers list
- 2020 North Carolina Super Lawyers list
- 2019 North Carolina Super Lawyers list
- 2018 North Carolina Super Lawyers list
438 Queens Road Charlotte, NC 28207
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required