Enter legal issue and location
New York City Workplace Discrimination Lawyer
About Derek T. Smith Esq.
- Workplace Discrimination
- Sexual Harassment
- Civil Rights Litigation
- Employment Law
- Class Action Litigation
- Hostile Work Environment
- Wrongful Termination and Retaliation
- FMLA Violations
- Severance Agreements
- EEOC Claims Representation & Mediation
Current Employment Position(s)
- Managing Partner
- New York, 1995
- New Jersey, 1996
- Pennsylvania, 1996
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
Specialties and Certifications
- NY Super Lawyers, NY Top Super Lawyers, 2010
- NY Super Lawyers, NY Top Super Lawyers, 2011
- New York State Bar Association, 1995 - 2014 (Member)
- New Jersey State Bar Association, 1996 - 2014 (Member)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, 1996 - 2014 (Member)
- America Association of Justice, 1996 - 2014 (Member)
- NELA/NY National Employment Lawyers Association of New York
- New York State Trial Lawyers
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- Dickinson School of Law of the Pennsylvania State University, Carlisle, Pennsylvania, 1994
Honors: Certificat d'Etudes Politiques, Université de Droit d'Economie et des Sciences d'Aix Marseille, 1990-1991
- University of Michigan, 1991
- Faculté de Droit et de Science Politique d'Aix-Marseille Université, Marseille, France
- Recognized by The New York Law Journal as having obtained one of the highest discrimination jury verdicts in New York Employment Law
- Top Rated employment attorney by SuperLawyers as one of the top 5% attorneys in employment law in New York City
- One of the top employment & labor law attorney in New York, New Jersey and Philadelphia, with a proven record of Top Employment Law Verdicts in NY
- Judge, Robert F. Wagner National Labor and Employment Law Moot Court Competition
- Judge, Charles W. Froessel Intramural Moot Court Competition
Video & Photo
One Pennsylvania PlazaSuite 4905 New York City, NY 10119
Offers Free Initial Consultation
Open 24 hours, 7 days a week
- Home Page
Derek Smith Law Group, PLLC focuses on employment law. Most of our legal cases involve claims and lawsuits that seek damages for sexual harassment, discrimination, and hostile work environment.
- New York City Sexual Harassment Lawyers Firm Overview
Top Rated by SuperLawyers and Newsweek. Recognized by The New York Law Journal for one of the highest New York City Discrimination Verdicts.
- Practice Areas
Besides federal laws, such as Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, there are many state and local employment discrimination and harassment laws that protect New York workers.
- New York City Sexual Harassment Lawyer
Our sexual harassment lawyers serve clients in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx, and Staten Island and throughout the state of New York. We also represent employees sexual harassment cases in New Jersey, Pennsylvania & Washington D.C.
- Employment Discrimination Case Attorneys
Employment discrimination laws seek to prevent discrimination by employers based on race, sex, religion, national origin, physical disability, pregnancy, age, and sexual orientation.
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our West Legal Directory disclaimers. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.