Enter legal issue and location
Hoover Civil Litigation Lawyer
Mr. Merrell's work history prior to becoming an attorney includes nearly 10 years in the criminal justice system working as a police officer, member of the coast guard (aux), detention officer and instructor. He is also a board member for Just Keep Smiling, a charitable organization assisting children with medical needs. He has over nine years' experience in the insurance industry handling homeowner claims. He has more than 12 years' experience working with youth at the YMCA, youth sports and High school. He was a member of the Birmingham School of Law's honor society, graduating as the organization's treasurer, and had also served as special prosecutor on the honor court. Mr. Merrell spends all of his time outside of the office with his family, especially his daughter. He loves college football in the fall and enjoys history; in particular Gettysburg, Williamsburg and England.
- Law Firm Info
- Go through email verification, and reviewers must verify their email addresses.
- Can be confirmed and flagged as a verified client by law firms.
- Can be reported and subjected to removal if they violate FindLaw.com's Terms of Service.
Click here to view our Terms of Service.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.