Enter legal issue and location
Alton Prescription Drugs & Medical Devices Lawyer
Gary was hired in 2003 to work with the Pharmaceutical Group and was promoted to shareholder in 2018. He was a trial team leader for the OxyContin litigation but also provided risk management for the litigation...
Gary was hired in 2003 to work with the Pharmaceutical Group and was promoted to shareholder in 2018. He was a trial team leader for the OxyContin litigation but also provided risk management for the litigation...Attorney Gary Payne works with the firm's Catastrophic Personal Injury and Complex Litigation Teams and performs many of the day-to-day Risk Management operations.
Gary was hired in 2003 to work with the Pharmaceutical Group and was promoted to shareholder in 2018. He was a trial team leader for the OxyContin litigation but also provided risk management for the litigation. He reviewed statute of limitation requirements, responded to client questions and established a check and balance system to safeguard client information. Once the cases resolved, Gary began implementing his risk management strategies firm-wide.
"The firm has the highest of standards when it comes to helping our clients and advocating for their interests," Gary explained. "This includes protecting the confidential and privileged information we receive from them during the course of our representation."
Today, Gary stays on the forefront of legal ethics and malpractice trends and best practices. He works with management to implement policies to ensure compliance. He also partners with the firm's technology department on cyber security procedures, electronic discovery and document review processes.
Gary earned his undergraduate degree in biblical studies in 1992 from Southeastern College of the Assemblies of God, where he graduated summa cum laude as a co-valedictorian. In 2000, Gary graduated cum laude with his J.D. from Salmon P. Chase College of Law at Northern Kentucky University. While in law school, Gary was a member and clerk of the moot court and a member of the National Trial Advocacy Team.
He is admitted to practice in Illinois, Kentucky and in multiple federal district courts.
"The firm is my employer, but I still consider myself as working for our clients," Gary said.
About Gary L. Payne
- Prescription Drugs & Medical Devices
Current Employment Position(s)
- Kentucky, 2000
- Illinois, 2004
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- American Bar Association (Member)
- Kentucky Bar Association (Member)
- Illinois State Bar Association (Member)
- Madison Central/Kentucky Tech Mock Trial Team (Assistant Attorney Coach)
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Roxana High School Mock Trial Team (Attorney Coach)
- National Trial Advocacy Team, 1999 - 2000 (Member)
- Chase Inn of Court, 1999 - 2000
- Salmon P. Chase College of Law, Highland Heights, Kentucky, 2000
Honors: cum laude
Honors: Cum Laude
- Southeastern College of the Assemblies of God, Lakeland, Florida
Honors: summa cum laude
Honors: Co-Valedictorian, Winter 1992
Major: Biblical Studies
- Moot Court, Clerk of the, 1999 - 2000
- “Best Oralist” Gilbert A. Bettman Intramural Moot Court
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Trial Advocacy, 1999 - Present
- Anderson Publishing Co. Book Award for Scholastic Excellence Trial Advocacy
One Court Street Alton, IL 62002
Offers Free Initial Consultation
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required