White Plains Enforcing Creditors Rights in Bankruptcy Lawyer
Mr. Jasne is a founding partner of the firm and a graduate of New York Law School. He holds an undergraduate degree from New York University. Upon graduating from Law School, he was appointed an Assistant District Attorney in Bronx County, where he served for approximately five years. Since leaving the District Attorney's Office, Mr. Jasne has engaged in private practice, primarily in the areas of criminal and civil litigation. In addition, Mr. Jasne is responsible for the firm's commercial-creditor bankruptcy practice. Mr. Jasne is a member of the New York State Bar and is admitted to the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit and to the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.