Enter legal issue and location
Troy Criminal Defense Lawyer
Among the newest additions to one of the most prestigious firms in the Upstate New York, Mr. Knox exemplifies the qualities that the E. Stewart Jones Hacker Murphy Law Firm is known for; providing quality, affordable legal representation to the people of the greater Capital District.
Mr. Knox works tirelessly to represent his clients with every resource available to him, in order to deliver the very best legal experience.
Mr. Knox graduated magna cum laude from Lewis & Clark Law School in Portland, Oregon in 2009 and was the recipient of the Outstanding Client Advocacy Award.
He has briefed and argued cases in the Court of Appeals, the Appellate Division of the Supreme Court, Third Judicial Department, and before the New York Commission on Judicial Conduct. In addition, he has tried a number of cases to verdict and appears regularly in state and federal courts in the Capital District and beyond.
Mr. Knox formerly worked as an Appellate Court Attorney for the Appellate Division of the Supreme Court, Third Judicial Department in Albany, NY. In the spring of 2011, Mr. Knox served temporarily as a confidential clerk in the chambers of Justice Edward O. Spain.
SERVICE AND WORK / LIFE BALANCE
A married father of three young children, Mr. Knox gives his all to everything he does. When away from the courtroom and negotiating table, Mr. Knox spends as much time as possible with his family but still manages to train for marathons and support charitable causes near and dear to his heart, such as the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) and the American Red Cross.
About James C. Knox
- Criminal Defense
- Personal Injury
- Car Accidents, Truck Accidents and Motorcycle Accidents
- White Collar Crime and Professional Defense (NY State and Federal Cases)
- Non-White Collar Felonies (NY State and Federal Cases)
- Family Law
- Wrongful Death
Current Employment Position(s)
- New York State Bar Association
- Albany County Bar Association
- Saratoga County Bar Association
- Rensselaer County Bar Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Capital District Trial Lawyers Association
- Federal Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Committee on Character and Fitness, Third Judicial District (Member)
- NYSATSA (Board Member)
- Lewis and Clark Law School, Portland, Oregon, 2009
Honors: magna cum laude
Law Review: Lewis & Clark Law Review, Editorial Board Member and Lead Articles Editor
- Albertson College in Caldwell, Idaho
B.A., Bachelor of Arts
Honors: cum laude
- Appellate Division of the Supreme Court, Third Judicial Department in Albany, NY, Appellate Court Attorney
- Chambers of Justice Edward O. Spain, Confidential clerk, 2011 - Present
Pro Bono Activities
- Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA)
- American Red Cross
Other Sources of Feedback About James C. Knox
Included on the 2022 Upstate New York list
- 2021 Upstate New York Super Lawyers list
- 2020 Upstate New York Super Lawyers list
- 2019 Upstate New York Super Lawyers list
- 2018 Upstate New York Super Lawyers list
- 2017 Upstate New York Super Lawyers list
- 2016 Upstate New York Super Lawyers list
- 2015 Upstate New York Super Lawyers list
- 2014 Upstate New York Super Lawyers list
- 2013 Upstate New York Super Lawyers list
- Super Lawyers as a “Rising Star” of Upstate New York, 2013 and 2014
- Outstanding Client Advocacy Award
28 2nd St Troy, NY 12180
Offers Free Initial Consultation
Accepts Credit Cards
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required