Skip to main content

Are you a legal professional? Visit our professional site

Enter legal issue and location

James M. DiVerde Jr. - Rockford, IL

124 N. Water StreetSuite 100 Rockford, IL 61107- 3960

Learn More

Updated: 08/28/2020

Rockford Commercial & Residential Real Estate Lawyer


Jim is an associate at Howard, Hardyman & DiVerde, LLP Attorneys whose number one focus is listening to his clients and helping them devise creative and straightforward solutions to their legal needs. He focuses his practice on estate planning, business law, real estate matters, and probate and estate administration. In his corporate practice, he advises clients on entity formation, drafts and reviews contracts, and represents clients in the sale or purchase of their businesses...

Map Location

Google Map

How do I choose a lawyer?

Consider the following:

Comfort Level
- Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?

- How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?

- How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?

- Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?

Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?

Here are a few to get you started:

  • How long have you been in practice?
  • How many cases like mine have you handled?
  • How often do you settle cases out of court?
  • What are your fees and costs?
  • What are the next steps?

Want to check lawyer discipline?

It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:

  • Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
  • Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
  • Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.

Find a Lawyer

More Options