Richmond State & Federal Criminal Defense Lawyer
OverviewJames W. Baechtold, born Lexington, Kentucky, February 28th, 1968; admitted to bar, 1994, Kentucky; 1997, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky. Education: University of Kentucky (B.A., with distinction, 1990; J.D., 1993). Member: Madison County (President, 1997; Vice President, 1996; Secretary 1995), Kentucky and American Bar Associations; Kentucky Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers; National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.