Enter legal issue and location
Alton Mesothelioma & Asbestos Lawyer
"I became an attorney to help individuals vindicate their rights," said Jared. "I believe that the victim of a rights violation should be fully compensated for the harm caused by the injustice...
"I became an attorney to help individuals vindicate their rights," said Jared. "I believe that the victim of a rights violation should be fully compensated for the harm caused by the injustice...Attorney Jared Hausmann is an associate at Simmons Hanly Conroy. He focuses his practice on helping individuals and their families who have been affected by mesothelioma, a rare form of cancer caused by asbestos exposure. His practice concentrates on motions, defendant discovery and appeals.
"I became an attorney to help individuals vindicate their rights," said Jared. "I believe that the victim of a rights violation should be fully compensated for the harm caused by the injustice."
Before joining the firm, Jared spent two years as a law clerk in the Staff Attorney's Office of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eight Circuit, where he reviewed district court records, conducted legal research, drafted proposed appellate opinions, and more. He has also published several law review articles addressing topics such as financial reform, jurisprudence and constitutional law.
Jared earned his J.D. from St. Louis University School of Law where he graduated magna cum laude. While in law school, Jared served as a judicial intern for both the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri and the Illinois Third Judicial Circuit. He also served as Articles Editor for the Saint Louis University Law Journal and competed in the National Moot Court Competition.
Jared received his B.A. in political science from Eastern Illinois University. While at EIU, Jared worked as a sportscaster for the school's softball and volleyball teams.
When not practicing law, Jared is involved with Special Olympics Illinois. In 2015, he was nominated as "Volunteer of the Year" for his work with the non-profit.
Jared is licensed to practice in Illinois, Louisiana and Missouri.
About Jared Hausmann
- Mesothelioma & Asbestos
Current Employment Position(s)
- Missouri, 2014
- Illinois, 2015
- Saint Louis University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri, 2014
Honors: magna cum laude
Honors: National Moot Court Competition
Law Journal: Saint Louis University Law Journal, Articles Editor
- Eastern Illinois University, 2010
Honors: summa cum laude
Major: Political Science
- Staff Attorney’s Office of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eight Circuit, Law Clerk
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri, Judicial Intern
- Illinois Third Judicial Circuit, Judicial Intern
Pro Bono Activities
- Special Olympics Illinois, Key Volunteer
One Court Street Alton, IL 62002
Offers Free Initial Consultation
- “Sex, Drugs, and Due Process: Justice Kennedy’s New Federalism as a Framework for Marijuana Liberalization,” 53 U. Louisville L. Rev. 271 (2015)
- “[Anarchy] Derived from the Consent of the Governed: Locke, Libertarianism, and American Popular Government,” 5 Charlotte L. Rev. 301 (2014)
- “Purge-ian Jurisprudence,” 36 U. La Verne L. Rev. 61 (2014)
- “’Audit the Fed’ From an Austrian Perspective: Financial Reform through an Unholy Coalition of Unwitting Misesians,” 58 St. Louis U. L. J. 617 (2014)
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required