Enter legal issue and location
Buffalo Workers Compensation Lawyer
As someone who experienced a life changing injury of his own, Jeff knows how stressful and confusing the period after an injury can be...
As someone who experienced a life changing injury of his own, Jeff knows how stressful and confusing the period after an injury can be... Before Jeffrey Steenberg founded Steenberg Law Firm, he practiced at both large and small law firms. Jeff learned a lot about how clients should and should not be treated by the attorneys who represent them. Rarely do other law firms, or their attorneys, truly put themselves in the shoes of their clients or attempt to understand what they are going through.
As someone who experienced a life changing injury of his own, Jeff knows how stressful and confusing the period after an injury can be. After undergoing nearly a dozen surgeries, Jeff ultimately lost vision in his left eye from a childhood accident. Not only did Jeff gain strength from his own experiences but he remembers what it feels like to receive compassion and empathy from others during the lowest times. For that reason, it's our mission at Steenberg Law Firm, to always treat each client with utmost compassion and implement the best practices to ensure every client has a comfortable and satisfying experience throughout their case. Jeff is committed to delivering peace of mind to every client.
Jeff grew up in the Village of Angola, New York and went on to receive his bachelor's degree from the State University of New York, College at Brockport. Jeff played NCAA Division III college football at Brockport. Jeff went on to earn his law degree from the University at Buffalo Law School.
Jeff is an experienced Workers' Compensation attorney and has had the pleasure of presenting/lecturing to other practicing attorneys at seminars on various workers' compensation law topics. Jeff is a member of several organizations including the NYS Injured Workers Bar Association, New York State Bar Association and Erie County Bar Association.
Outside of practicing law, Jeff is blessed with an amazing family and spends all his time with his wife and four kids (and, Tate, their golden retriever) in Orchard Park, New York. Jeff enjoys coaching his kids in youth sports and currently is a coach for his son's Orchard Park Travel baseball team.
- Law Firm Info
- Go through email verification, and reviewers must verify their email addresses.
- Can be confirmed and flagged as a verified client by law firms.
- Can be reported and subjected to removal if they violate FindLaw.com's Terms of Service.
Click here to view our Terms of Service.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.