Bartlett Family Lawyer
Jeffrey Jones has practiced law since 1977. He is a 1974 graduate of The University of Texas, Austin, with a major in Pharmacy, and he is a 1977 graduate of The University of Memphis Law School. While in law school, he practiced as a part-time pharmacist. After law school and a short stint with the Memphis Area Legal Services, he entered private practice. He is a member of the Memphis Bar Association, Tennessee Criminal Trial Lawyers Association, American Trial Lawyers Association, and American Society for Pharmacy Law. He is licensed to practice in all state and federal courts. He was the 1992 recipient of the Memphis Bar Association Pro-Bono Lawyer of the Year award. He is an Associate Member of the Fraternal Order of Police (FOP). He has handled many high profile cases. He has three children.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.