New York Personal Injury - Plaintiff Lawyer
Jeffrey Brecker has received the "AV" rating * under Martindale-Hubbell’s peer review rating system, and has been listed in the "Who's Who in American Law" since 1992. He is a member of various bar associations, and currently sits on the Medical Malpractice Committee of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York. He is a past chairperson of its Tort Litigation Committee.
Jeffrey was an Adjunct Professor at the New College of Hofstra University and has lectured in the areas of torts and legal procedure.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.