Andalusia Personal Injury Lawyer
Mr. Scherf has been selected as one of the “Top One Percent” of attorneys in the United States and one of Alabama’s “Top Trial Lawyers”. He has handled cases in almost every county in the state and served as the lead litigator for multiple law firms including Scherf, Griffin & Davis; Scherf, Davis & Gedgoudas; and Scherf Law Firm.
Mr. Scherf is licensed with the Alabama State Bar and all Federal US District Courts in Alabama. Selected as one of the Nation’s “Top One Percent” of attorneys for 2017-2019 by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel (NADC). Specifically, less than 1% of practicing attorneys in the United States are members of the “Nation’s Top Attorneys”. The roster of NADC members truly includes the leading legends of the legal profession. Selected as one of “America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators” for 2017-2019 by the America’s Top 100 LLC (HSL). Less than one-half percent (0.5%) of active attorneys in the United States receive this honor. Membership includes the most exceptional trial lawyers and litigators in the Country. Nominated one of the “10 Best Attorneys” in Alabama for 2016-2019 by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys (AIOPIA). Nominated one of the “10 Best Attorneys” in Alabama for 2016-2019 by the American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys (AIOCLA). Selected by the American Society of Legal Advocates (ASLA) as one of the “Top 100 Criminal Defense Lawyers” for 2016-2019. This honor goes to less than 1.5% of all licensed lawyers in the United States. The National Trial Lawyers Association (NTL) selected Mr. Scherf as one of the elite “Top 100 Trial Lawyers” for 2017-2019. Each of the distinguished Top 100 members possesses the knowledge, skill, experience and success held by only the best and finest lawyers in America. Mr. Scherf was also recently nominated by "Super Lawyers" which is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. Only the top 5% of attorneys nationwide are selected for this honor! Let us help with your legal needs!
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.