Enter legal issue and location
Knoxville General Litigation Lawyer
Mr. Johnson is highly regarded by his peers and he was selected as a Fellow in the American College of Trial Lawyers in 2015, the pre-eminent organization of trial lawyers in North America. In 1995, Mr. Johnson was selected for inclusion in American Board of Trail Advocates. Mr. Johnson has been included in Best Lawyers of America, a highly regarded peer-review publication, for several years. Best Lawyers of America named Mr. Johnson Lawyer Of The Year in 2016 and 2019. Mr. Johnson has been included in Super Lawyers and Mid-South Super Lawyers since 2008. He is consistently listed in City View magazine as one of the top attorneys in Knoxville in several different categories.
Mr. Johnson is licensed to practice in the state of Tennessee, and he has been admitted to practice in the state courts of Tennessee, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky, and the United States Supreme Court.
Mr. Johnson focuses his practice on the following:
• Insurance Defense
• Insurance coverage issues
• Arson investigation and defense of fire insurance claims
Mr. Johnson has tried to verdict hundreds of jury trials and has, in some years, been listed by The Tennessee Jury Verdict Reporter as having tried the most jury trials in the state of Tennessee for that year. The Tennessee Jury Verdict Reporter recently reported that for the years between 2005 and 2010, Mr. Johnson tried the second highest number of cases for any lawyer in the state.
Mr. Johnson has extensive experience in insurance coverage issues and has actively participated in the drafting of provisions in insurance policies issued by a major insurance company.
Mr. Johnson has been a speaker at a number of seminars sponsored by various bar associations and other organizations. He has made presentations to local claims organizations and at statewide meetings of claims managers and claims representatives. On October 29, 2010, Mr. Johnson participated with other well-known attorneys from around the state of Tennessee and other parts of the United States in a mock cross-examination at a seminar sponsored by The Foundation of The American Board of Trial Advocates.
About John T. Johnson Jr.
- General Litigation
- Insurance Defense
- Insurance Coverage
- Arson Investigation and Fire Insurance Claims
Current Employment Position(s)
- Partner, Managing Partner 2010-2012
- Tennessee, 1974
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Tennessee, 1974
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky, 1978
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1978
- Knoxville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American College of Trial Lawyers
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Tennessee Defense Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Master of the Bench, Hamilton Burnett American Inns of Court
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Tennessee Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Knoxville Bar Foundation, Fellow
- University of Tennessee College of Law, Knoxville, Tennessee, 1973
Honors: Graduated with Honors
- University of Tennessee, 1971
Honors: Graduated with Honors
- Kramer Rayson LLP, Managing Partner, 2010 to 2012
Pro Bono Activities
- Former Elder of Farragut Church of Christ
- Former member of Town of Farragut Board of Zoning Appeals
- American College of Trial Lawyers, since 2015
- American Board of Trial Advocates, since 1995
- Best Lawyers in America, since 2007
- Best Lawyers in America Lawyer of the Year, 2016 and 2019
- Mid-South Super Lawyers Since 2008
- City View Top Attorney for Multiple Areas of Practice
- AV Rated by Martindale Hubbell
800 South Gay StreetSuite 2500 Knoxville, TN 37929- 9702
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required