Enter legal issue and location
Brooklyn Real Estate transactions and litigation Lawyer
OverviewI have been a solo practitioner and have had an office in Bay Ridge Brooklyn since my admission to the bar in 1993.
About John T. Petrusky
Current Employment Position(s)
- Sole Practitioner
- Real Estate transactions and litigation
- Wills, Trusts and Estate Planning, and Estate Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Commercial Transactions, Business formations
- Landlord Tenant
- New York, 1993
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 1995
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1993
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1993
- NY State Bar Association
- Brooklyn Bar Association
- Bayridge Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- Federal Reserve Bank of New York, Bank Examiner, 1987 - 1989
- New York Law School, New York, New York, 1992
- New York University, NY, New York, 1987
Major: Accounting & Marketing
417 Bay Ridge Pkwy Brooklyn, NY 11209
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
Recommends this attorney
I googled Real Estate Attorney in Brooklyn familiar with coops in Brooklyn and John's name appeared. I contacted him and was happy that he called me back himself. He agreed to represent me from contract closing. He was detailed oriented and relentless in completing the necessary background research on the financials of the cooperative, I felt like he was really looking out for my interests, I felt that my interests were completely protected. This is an unbiased review. Before contacting John, I never heard of him and didn't know anyone who did. I really appreciate his efforts. His fee was reasonable. And even though he is very busy, he always made time for me and would let me know his availability. John will forever remain in my business contact list. Without hesitation, I will recommend John to my friends, family and clients. Andrea L. Gaye CEO & Interior Designer Vandy's Interiors
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.