Enter legal issue and location
Nutley Driving While Intoxicated/Municipal Court Defense Lawyer
Voted by his peers as the 2019 New Jersey State Bar Association's Municipal Court Practitioner of the Year...
Voted by his peers as the 2019 New Jersey State Bar Association's Municipal Court Practitioner of the Year... Josh graduated from Rutgers College and Rutgers School of Law – Newark and served as a law clerk to Hon. Eugene H Austin, J.S.C. in Bergen County. He is admitted to practice in both the State and Federal Courts in New Jersey. His practice focuses on the defense of clients facing charges in the Municipal and Superior Courts of New Jersey.
Voted by his peers as the 2019 New Jersey State Bar Association's Municipal Court Practitioner of the Year. Josh was part of the first ever class of 21 attorneys statewide to be Certified by the New Jersey Supreme Court as a Municipal Court Trial Attorney He served two years as the Chair of the Municipal Court Practice Section of the New Jersey State Bar and was a 2016 recipient of the New Jersey Law Journal’s New Leader of the Bar Award recognizing the top attorneys in New Jersey under 40 years old. Mr. Reinitz has been named eight times to the Super Lawyers list and to the Rising Stars list in the area of criminal defense/DUI by the New Jersey Super Lawyers.
Josh was chosen by New Jersey Supreme Court Chief Justice Rabner to serve on the Supreme Court’s Municipal Court Practice Committee and the Supreme Court’s Working Group on Municipal Court Reform. He is currently a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association’s Standing Committee on Legislation.
Mr. Reinitz has served as both a Municipal Prosecutor and a Municipal Public Defender throughout New Jersey. He is a sought-after lecturer in the legal world having presented more than 20 seminars to other attorneys on DWI, Leadership, Appeals, and Municipal Court Practice. Recognized as a skilled legal writer whose briefs have assisted in overturning multiple criminal convictions.
He was appointed to serve on a panel of the Office of Attorney Ethics Fee Arbitration Committee for District V-C and elected by his fellow residents in Fair Lawn where he currently serves as the Deputy Mayor of Community Affairs
About Joshua H. Reinitz
- Driving While Intoxicated/Municipal Court Defense
- Criminal Defense
- Civil Rights Defense
- Employment Law
Current Employment Position(s)
- New Jersey, 2003
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 2007
Specialties and Certifications
- Certified Municipal Law Attorney, New Jersey Supreme Court
- New Jersey State Bar Association, 2003 - Present (Trustee/Director Municipal Court Practice Section)
- New Jersey Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys, 2011 - Present (Municipal Court Committee)
- Municipal Court Practice Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association (Legislative Coordinator)
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey School of Law - Newark, Newark, New Jersey, 2003
- Rutgers College, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey, 1999
Honors: Dean's List
Major: Administration of Justice
- Superior Court of New Jersey, Law Clerk to Hon. Eugene H Austin, J.S.C, 2003 - 2004
- Rutgers University Women's Basketball, Director of Basketball Operations, 2005 - 2006
Classes and Seminars
- Post Conviction Relief in Municipal Court, NJICLE, 2012
- Selected for inclusion in the Super Lawyers Rising Stars list in the area of criminal defense/DWI 2012 - 2016
247 N Franklin Ave.Ste. 2 Nutley, NJ 07110
Accepts Credit Cards
- State v. Barros, 425 N.J.Super. 329 , 2012
Disclosure: No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required