Enter legal issue and location
Milwaukee Family Law Lawyer
About Kate A. Neugent
- Family Law
- Child Support
- Child Custody
- Property Division
Specialties and Certifications
- Completion of Certified Mediator Training with Zena Zumeta
- Completion of Guardian ad Litem Training
- Completion of Certified Divorce Financial Analyst Training
- Family and Children's Court Certified
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Family Law Section, Member
- Leander J. Foley Society of Family Lawyers, Treasurer, 2019 to 2021, President, 2021 to present
- Society of Family Lawyers, Secretary, 2018 to 2019
- Milwaukee Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- Committee Member, Consulting Committee for the Milwaukee County Safe Exchange and Visitation Committee, June of 2013 to present
- Collaborative Family Law Counsel of Wisconsin, Member
- The Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts, Certified Member
- National Association of Counsel for Children, Member
- Association of Women Lawyers, Member
- National Association of Professional Women
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, Member
- Washington County Bar Association, Member
- Marquette University Law School, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Honors: Public Interest Law Society, Fellowship Recipient 2004
Honors: Marquette Mediation Competition, Winner 2004
Honors: Student Bar Association, 3L Class Representative
- University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Bachelor of Social Welfare
Honors: magna cum laude
Pro Bono Activities
- Milwaukee Family Law Clinic
- Marquette Law School Mediation Clinic-Volunteer Supervisor
Classes and Seminars
- Critical Maintenance Principles From Temporary to Modified Maintenance,” Milwaukee County Family Court Judges and Commissioner’s Annual Retreat, Presenter, Milwaukee, February 2022.
- “Family Law Basics: Handling Post-Judgment Matters”, Milwaukee Bar Association, Presenter, February 22, 2021
- “Practitioner Panel”: Judicial Education Family Law Seminar, Presenter, Neenah, Wisconsin, March 2019.
- "Family Law: Hot Topics from Experienced GALs," Milwaukee Bar Association Family Law Section, Presenter, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, September 2017.
- "Hearing Children's Voices in Family Court," Judicial Education Family Law Seminar, Presenter, Manitowoc, Wisconsin, March 2017.
- "Basic Divorce," delivered at the 2016 Volunteer Lawyers Project, November 10, 2016.
- "Wisconsin Divorce Kit," delivered at the 2015 Wisconsin Solo and Small Firm Conference, Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin, October 2015.
- "Evidentiary Issues Concerning Medical Records from the Perspective of Parents and the Children," delivered to the Legal Action of Wisconsin's Volunteer Lawyers Project, Pewaukee, Wisconsin, November 2008.
Other Sources of Feedback About Kate A. Neugent
Included on the 2023 Wisconsin list
- 2022 Wisconsin Super Lawyers list
- 2021 Wisconsin Super Lawyers list
- 2020 Wisconsin Super Lawyers list
- 2019 Wisconsin Super Lawyers list
- 2017 Wisconsin Super Lawyers list
- 2016 Wisconsin Super Lawyers list
- 2015 Wisconsin Super Lawyers list
- 2014 Wisconsin Super Lawyers list
- 2012 Wisconsin Super Lawyers list
- 2011 Wisconsin Super Lawyers list
- 2010 Wisconsin Super Lawyers list
- 2009 Wisconsin Super Lawyers list
- Best Lawyer, 2023
- Wisconsin Super Lawyers 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022
- Wisconsin's "Rising Stars" in 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2012, 2011, 2010 and 2009
- AIOFLA 10 Best Under 40 in 2017, 2016, 2015
- America’s Most Honored Professionals, 2015
- Wisconsin’s Outstanding Young Lawyers, Family Law, 2011
11270 W. Park PlaceSuite 220 Milwaukee, WI 53224
Accepts Credit Cards
Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Saturday: By Appointment Only
- Article: “The Future of Voluntary Paternity Acknowledgments” 37 Wisconsin Journal of Family Law 93 (October 2020)
- “Family Court: Chapter 3” in the State Bar of Wisconsin Guardian ad Litem Handbook, 2018.
- Supplement on Wisconsin Prenuptial Law, published in Drafting Prenuptial Agreements (Wolters Kluwer, 2014-2016)
- Article: "Enhanced Earning Capacity: Is the Haugan Decision Functionally Obsolete?" 28 Wisconsin Journal of Family Law 2 (April 2008).
- Article: "Is the Haugan Decision Functionally Obsolete?" 22 Wisconsin Law Journal 7 (Feb. 18, 2008).
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required