Greeley Family Law Lawyer
Katie believes that her role as a lawyer...
Katie believes that her role as a lawyer...Katie is an experienced trial attorney, having worked with the Colorado State Public Defender for five years. While serving as a public defender, Katie zealously represented hundreds of clients on many different types of criminal cases, in both misdemeanor and felony matters. Katie is a skilled litigator who has garnered a vast amount of courtroom experience that allows her to effectively advocate for her clients, both in and out of the courtroom.
Katie believes that her role as a lawyer is to provide diligent and dedicated representation to her clients, always making sure to keep her client's priorities in the forefront of her representation, and making sure to offer compassionate and skilled legal advice and advocacy.
Katie earned her law degree from the University of Texas at Austin School of Law in Austin, Texas in 2011, and graduated with honors. While attending law school, she actively participated in practice-based programs such as the Capital Punishment Clinic, where she spent two semesters helping the clinic attorneys work on actual cases. Katie graduated from Emory University in 2008, earning her Bachelor's degree in English Literature. She has lived in Northern Colorado for the last five years.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.