Enter legal issue and location
Columbus Divorce Lawyer
OverviewKelly received her Bachelor of Science Degree from The Ohio State University in 2004 and her Juris Doctor from Capital University Law School in 2007. She began her career as a staff attorney for the Honorable Kim A. Browne of the Franklin County Common Pleas, Division of Domestic Relations and Juvenile Judge. Kelly has been practicing since 2007. Kelly is a member of the Central Ohio Academy of Collaborative Divorce Professionals.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.