I joined McIntosh Law Firm as an Associate Attorney in 2013. I am a trial attorney and member in good standing of the Florida...
I joined McIntosh Law Firm as an Associate Attorney in 2013. I am a trial attorney and member in good standing of the Florida...Whether it is a world away or here at home, I strive to help others through my work. I learned the significance of helping others from my parents who spent their careers teaching people with disabilities. In this respect, I learned one powerful lesson from my parents: be passionate about your work. I am passionate about the law and I look forward to working for you.
I joined McIntosh Law Firm as an Associate Attorney in 2013. I am a trial attorney and member in good standing of the Florida Bar Association. Prior to joining McIntosh Law Firm, I worked as a Foreign Service Limited officer with the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) in Afghanistan. My job in Afghanistan included monitoring and evaluating legal training programs for the Afghan Appeals Court.
My family and I are active members of the Sarasota community. I serve as the Vice-Chairman of the Sarasota County Democrat Executive Committee and I am a Board Member of the Gulf Coast Returned Peace Corps Volunteer Association. I am a parish member at Church of the Incarnation in Sarasota. We are members and frequent visitors to the Marie Selby Botanical Gardens.
Kevin Griffith earned his Juris Doctor degree from Case Western Reserve University School of Law in Cleveland, Ohio. Griffith holds a Master of Science degree in Public Policy and Management from Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Griffith earned an undergraduate degree from St. Edward's University in Austin, Texas.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.