Davenport Business Law Lawyer
Melissa A. Hancock is a founding shareholder of Schnell & Hancock, P.C. She is a Quad City area native. Melissa began her law practice as an associate attorney with Kintzinger Law Firm, P.L.C. in Dubuque in 2002. In 2005, Melissa and her family returned to the Quad City area. She resides in Blue Grass, Iowa, with her husband and two children.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.