Enter legal issue and location
After receiving her B.A. with honors from the University of Kentucky, Lexington, Meredith went on to graduate from the West Virginia University College of Law...
After receiving her B.A. with honors from the University of Kentucky, Lexington, Meredith went on to graduate from the West Virginia University College of Law...With a background that includes representation of Social Security Disability claimants and plaintiffs in personal injury cases, Social Security Attorney/Claimant Representative Meredith Johnstone brings a unique perspective to her role with the Jan Dils team.
After receiving her B.A. with honors from the University of Kentucky, Lexington, Meredith went on to graduate from the West Virginia University College of Law.
She then participated in the Clinical Law Program where she began learning about the rewards of assisting claimants in Social Security Disability claims, and successfully represented her first claimant.
After working with two law firms, in 2013 Meredith joined the West Virginia Ethics Commission, a state agency, as Deputy General Counsel, serving in that capacity until she joined Jan Dils, Attorneys at Law.
"As an attorney, I have met many hard-working people whose lives have been changed by illness, injury, and unexpected circumstances so that they can no longer work," said Meredith. "I imagine the help that I would want to receive in that situation, and offer that help to my clients."
At her best when she is talking with clients about their cases and putting their minds at ease about what to expect from the claim process, Meredith works to capture all the important facts so that each client's case can be presented well, and they feel that their personal story has been told.
When she's not busy getting to know each client and learning about their life experiences, Meredith enjoys vacationing at the beach, watching movies, working in the garden, and spending time with her husband, daughter, and their two cats at home.
We think you'll agree that Meredith is an excellent addition to our team-please join us in welcoming her to the Jan Dils family!
About Meridith O. Johnstone
- West Virginia, 1997
- U.S. District Court Southern District of West Virginia, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 2006
- U.S. District Court Northern District of West Virginia, 1999
- West Virginia Bar Association, 1997 - Present
- Kanawha County Bar Association, 1997 - Present
- West Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Junior League of Charleston
- Federal Bar Association, 2005 - Present
- West Virginia University College of Law, Morgantown, West Virginia, 1996
- University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky, 1993
Honors: cum laude
Honors: With High Distinction
Fraternities and Sororities
- Zeta Tau Alpha
- The Sutter Law Firm (formerly Sutter & Enslein), Charleston, West Virginia, Attorney/Associate, 1996 - 2003
- Kopelman & Associates, Summer Clerk
- Kanawha County Circuit Court Judge, Hon. Lyne Ranson, Summer Clerk
Classes and Seminars
- Instructor, Paralegal Course in Basic Property
United Center500 Virginia Street E.Suite 710 Charleston, WV 25301
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required