Enter legal issue and location
Fort Myers Estate and Wealth Preservation Lawyer
Michael B. Hill is a partner in the law firm of Sheppard, Brett, Stewart, Hersch, Kinsey & Hill, P.A. He is a Florida Bar Board Certified attorney in wills, trusts and estates, specializing in estate planning, probate and trust administration, and asset protection strategies. His memberships include the Florida Bar, American Bar Association, National Association of Elder Law Attorneys, Academy of Florida Elder Law Attorneys, and the Lee County Estate Planning Council.
With dual degrees from the University of Florida in accounting and law, Mike’s clients benefit from his multidisciplinary approach to their legal, tax and financial concerns. He was recently named to Thomson Reuters’ Rising Stars list of Florida Super Lawyers and to Gulf Coast Business Review’s “40 Under 40”, its annual salute to 40 up-and-coming young leaders who have distinguished themselves in their professions and in their community.
Mike has been at the forefront of bringing technology to the practice of law to maximize efficiency and proactively keep client documents updated as laws change. He has also led the firm in developing educational video content for the practice and making it widely available in the social media and on the firm’s web site at www.sbshlaw.com.
Mike and his wife, Jamie, have four children from the ages of 1 to 8 and are active in church, school and the community.
About Michael B. Hill
- Estate and Wealth Preservation
- Business Succession Planning
Current Employment Position(s)
- Florida, 2002
Specialties and Certifications
- Board Certified Wills, Trusts & Estates Attorney, Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education, 2008
- Florida Bar Association (Member)
- American Bar Association (Member)
- Lee County Bar Association (Member)
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar (Member)
- Elder Law Section of the Florida Bar (Member)
- National Association of Elder Law Attorneys (Member)
- Lee County Estate Planning Council (Member)
- Academy of Florida Elder Law Attorneys (Member)
- University of Florida College of Law, Gainesville, Florida, 2001
Honors: With Honors
- University of Florida, 1998
Bachelor of Science
Other Sources of Feedback About Michael B. Hill
Included on the 2011 Florida list
- 2010 Florida Super Lawyers list
- Florida Super Lawyers Rising Stars - 2010
- Gulf Coast Business Review 40 under 40 - 2010
9100 College Pointe Court Fort Myers, FL 33919
Accepts Credit Cards
8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- So This Isn't Work? When a Wage Isn't Protected, The Florida Bar Jounal, 2003
The Florida Statutes provide creditor protection from garnishment of “earnings.” However, the courts have denied small office professional and business owners the earnings exemption.
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required