Enter legal issue and location
- Florida, 1997
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 1997
- American Inns of Court, Calusa Chapter (Member)
- Lee County Bar Association (Member)
- The Florida Bar, Sections on: Workers Compensation; Trial Lawyers (Member)
- Florida Justice Association (Member)
- Florida Workers Advocates (Member, Board of Directors)
- St Thomas University School of Law, Miami, Florida, 1997
- University of South Florida, 1994
6735 Conroy RdSuite 303 Orlando, FL 32835
Other Sources of Feedback About Michael T. Reese
Included on the 2012 Florida list
- 2011 Florida Super Lawyers list
- 2010 Florida Super Lawyers list
- 2009 Florida Super Lawyers list
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
Recommends this attorney
After my adult son was in a near-fatal fiery crash, Mike Reese and his law partner, Nanette Cruz, did an outstanding job of representing him for Social Security benefits, quickly moving his case to a successful SSI hearing. I was unaware the action of the Social Security Administration from the hearing to actually awarding benefits could take many months. However, when evaluating the attorneys who put the process in motion for the client, I could have not been more pleased than I was with the Mike and Nannette at the Michael Reese Law Firm. Unfortunately, after his approval, my son had a misstep which could have caused him to lose all benefits, but Mike and Nannette immediately filed an appeal. They successfully explained my son’s misunderstanding and had his benefits reinstated in full. I could not be more grateful for their original success and then for their expert work that saved my son’s benefits. They improved his life tremendously and we will never be able to thank them enough. Mike and Nannette are both exceptional lawyers who care about the welfare of their clients and I recommend them completely and without reservation.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.