Fort Lee Discrimination Lawyer
After graduation, she immediately set her focus on litigation and trial practice. In 1998 she had the distinct privilege to appear before the Dutch Court in St. Martin, a constituent country of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, regarding hurricane-damaged property in the Netherlands Antilles. In 1999 she was afforded the opportunity to second chair a trial for an election contest for the Alpine Mayoral election.
Originally a native of northern New Jersey she became involved in local politics at an early age and was elected to the Paramus Borough Council at the age of 31, the youngest woman to serve, for the 2004-2006 term.
For the last 15 years of her career, Ms. Zammitti Shaw has represented thousands of clients and fought tirelessly for the victims of personal injury accidents including automobile negligence, premises liability, construction defects, fire losses, products liability, truck accidents, wrongful death, and dog bites as well as employment discrimination.
Ms. Zammitti Shaw has had great success in the courtroom. In 2010 she was a member of the legal team that won $7.4 million for a cardiologist who sustained life threatening injuries in Hackensack, NJ due to a drunken driving crash. In 2013 she tried a case in which a jury awarded a 38-year-old Paterson man $672,670.84 for injuries he suffered when a garage door came down and hit him in the head as he was working at a Wayne country club. Over the course of a 15 year period Ms. Zammitti Shaw has tried dozens of cases and has obtained millions of dollars’ in verdicts and settlements for her clients. Mrs. Zammitti Shaw attributes her success to relentless preparation and hard work.
Mrs. Zammitti Shaw is certified by Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Certified Civil Trial Attorney. Certified civil trial attorney designations are granted by the New Jersey Supreme Court to attorneys, who are able to demonstrate efficient levels of experience, education, knowledge and skill in civil trial practice. Less than 2% of attorneys have the honor of this accreditation.
Mrs. Zammitti Shaw has made numerous appearances on Fox Business and Fox News as a commentator. She is a member of the Bergen County Bar Association and the New Jersey Bar Association.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.