Bakersfield Agriculture Lawyer
A small sample of the cases Mr. Carrick has handled includes:
- Represented a small municipality in connection with the preparation of an amended environmental impact report for a major commercial development, and successfully defended the report in both the superior court and Court of Appeal
- Represented the purchaser of a large industrial facility in successfully litigating a dispute with the seller under an environmental indemnity agreement
- Defended companies involved in oil production and glass manufacturing in administrative actions brought by the San Joaquin Valley Unified Air Pollution Control District
- Defended and successfully resolved a malpractice claim against an environmental consulting firm
- Defended small businesses against enforcement actions by the United States Environmental Protection Agency under CERCLA and FIFRA
- Defended and successfully resolved an indemnity claim brought against a recycler of municipal waste
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.