Enter legal issue and location
Frisco Business & Commercial Litigation Lawyer
Paul leads McCathern's Construction Defect, Product Liability and related Fire Litigation practices. He has particular expertise in counseling institutional clients involved in tragic events not only from a litigation standpoint, but from a crisis management and public relations standpoint.
His experience from both sides of the docket gives him uncommon perspective. He and his partner, Levi McCathern, represent the Dallas Cowboys Football Club and related entities in a number of litigated matters, including the class action lawsuits arising out of ticket claims from Super Bowl XLV; and the collapse of their indoor practice facility-a case involving a myriad of complex engineering design, product and construction defect issues.
Paul also defended both the National Football League (NFL) and Dallas Cowboys in other lawsuits arising out of Super Bowl XLV, including claims involving injuries from falling ice from the Cowboys Stadium roof during preparations for the game.
Paul and Levi counseled Abilene Christian University with respect to the tragic bus accident that took the life of one student and critically injured eighteen others. In addition, Paul has been called upon to act as counsel for a farming equipment manufacturer in all lawsuits brought in Texas arising out of the outbreak of Listeria food poisoning from tainted cantaloupe in 2011, the deadliest outbreak in U.S. history.
He is a frequent author and lecturer for many organizations, teaching continuing education courses accredited by departments of insurance in many states across the country. He is a member of the Federal Bar Association, the National Association of Subrogation Professionals (NASP), the Defense Research Institute (DRI) and the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA). In 2017 and 2018, Paul was named to the list of Best Lawyers in Dallas by D Magazine for Tort: Personal Injury, Product and Medical Liability (Defense).
Paul earned his bachelor's degree from Texas Tech University and his law degree from South Texas College of Law. He began his law practice in 2001 with international law firm Cozen O'Connor. Paul is admitted to practice in the United States District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Western, and Southern Districts of Texas, and the United States 5th Court of Appeals. He is admitted to practice pro hac vice in both state and federal courts throughout the country.Paul A. Grinke joined the Firm in August, 2001 and is resident in the Dallas office where he concentrates his practice in subrogation and recovery. Prior to joining Cozen O'Connor, Paul was a law clerk with Mithoff & Jacks in Houston, TX and The Law Offices of Frank L. Branson in Dallas, TX.
Paul received his bachelor of arts degree from Texas Tech University in 1997. He earned his law degree from South Texas College of Law in 2001, where he was nominated most outstanding student by his graduating class. Paul served as assistant editor-in-chief for the South Texas Law Review, and received the American Jurisprudence Award in Legal Writing. Paul was a champion at the Judge Evan A. Evans Constitutional Law Moot Court Competition in Madison, WI where he received an award for Best Respondent's Brief. He also received an award for Best Respondent's Brief at the August A. Rendigs, Jr. National Products Liability Moot Court Competition in Cincinnati, Ohio.
About Paul A. Grinke
- Business & Commercial Litigation
- Casualty & Bad Faith Defense
- Commercial Trucking
- Construction Litigation
- Directors & Officers Liability
- Insurance Litigation
- Large Loss Subrogation
- Liquor Liability
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Personal Injury
- Restaurant & Hospitality
Current Employment Position(s)
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- Federal Bar Association (Member)
- National Association of Subrogation Professionals (NASP) (Member)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI) (Member)
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) (Member)
- South Texas College of Law Houston, Houston, Texas, 2001
- Texas Tech University
Other Sources of Feedback About Paul A. Grinke
Included on the 2023 Texas list
- 2022 Texas Super Lawyers list
- 2021 Texas Super Lawyers list
- 2020 Texas Super Lawyers list
- 2019 Texas Super Lawyers list
- 2018 Texas Super Lawyers list
- 2017 Texas Super Lawyers list
- 2016 Texas Super Lawyers list
- 2015 Texas Super Lawyers list
- 2014 Texas Super Lawyers list
- 2013 Texas Super Lawyers list
- 2011 Texas Super Lawyers list
- 2010 Texas Super Lawyers list
- Best Lawyers in Dallas by D Magazine for Tort: Personal Injury, Product and Medical Liability (Defense), 2017 - 2018
One Cowboys WaySuite 175 Frisco, TX 75034
Accepts Credit Cards
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required