Enter legal issue and location
Alton Mesothelioma & Asbestos Lawyer
"Once I receive a case, my clients can expect open communication, due diligence, honesty and empathy," Philip explained...
"Once I receive a case, my clients can expect open communication, due diligence, honesty and empathy," Philip explained...Philip E. Proud is an attorney at Simmons Hanly Conroy, where he focuses his practice on helping those affected by asbestos-related diseases, such as mesothelioma. Philip works directly with clients from the start of their case to its resolution and helps with all aspects of the legal process in between.
"Once I receive a case, my clients can expect open communication, due diligence, honesty and empathy," Philip explained. "My clients are individuals, families, and I make every attempt to treat them and their cases as I would wish to be treated."
Over the course of his career, Philip has litigated numerous cases across the country in various state and federal jurisdictions. Before joining the firm, he represented clients in the areas of personal injury, Federal Employers' Liability Act (FELA), Jones Act, products liability, mass torts, and class actions.
"I've seen the suffering families have been put through at the fault of others. It is a privilege to represent families in their time of need and have the opportunity to make a difference in their lives," Philip said.
As a veteran of over 100 cases, Philip has successfully secured millions of dollars on his clients' behalf, including the following results for clients affected by asbestos exposure:
- $7 million for two steelworkers in Illinois
- $6.5 million for an electrician in California
- $4 million for maritime worker in New York
- $3 million for boiler technician in Illinois
- $2 million for a Missouri factory worker's wife, who was exposed to asbestos secondhand
- $1.8 million for an engineer in New York
- $1.6 million for the wife of a Missouri mechanic, who was exposed to asbestos secondhand
- $1.6 million for a mechanic in Illinois
Philip graduated from University of Rochester in New York with degrees in Political Science and Business. At Rochester, he was a four-year member of the men's varsity soccer team and earned All-Northeast and conference team honors. He then earned his law degree from Southern Illinois University School of Law.
In law school, Philip was elected to the Advanced Mock Trial Team and represented the School of Law in trial competitions across the country. Philip also received the CALI Academic Excellence Award for receiving the highest grade in trial advocacy.
Philip has been a member of the Missouri Bar since 2013 and the Illinois Bar since 2014. He has first-chair trial experience and is admitted to the United States District Courts for the Northern, Central and Southern District of Illinois.
"The thing that drove me to go to law school - and continues to motivate me as a practicing lawyer - is helping people," Philip said. "To meet a client, forge a personal relationship with that person and their family, and be in a position to ultimately help them at the end of the day is incredibly gratifying."
In his free time, Philip enjoys playing golf, fishing, hunting and being outdoors.
About Philip E. Proud
- Mesothelioma & Asbestos
Current Employment Position(s)
- Missouri, 2013
- Illinois, 2014
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois, 2013
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 2014
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois, 2016
- American Association for Justice
- American Bar Association
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Southern Illinois University School of Law, Carbondale, Illinois, 2013
Honors: Member of the Advanced Mock Trial Team
Honors: CALI Excellence for the Future Award: Trial Advocacy
- University of Rochester, New York, 2010
Honors: Member of the Men’s Varsity Soccer team
Honors: Earned All-Northeast and Conference Team Honors
Major: Business and Political Science
One Court Street Alton, IL 62002
Offers Free Initial Consultation
- http://www.simmonsfirm.com/blog (Mesothelioma & Asbestos News, Insights and More)
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required