Enter legal issue and location
Tallahassee Motor Vehicle Franchise Law Lawyer
He also represents clients buying or selling motor vehicle dealerships, including trans ...
He also represents clients buying or selling motor vehicle dealerships, including trans ... Craig Spickard’s areas of practice include motor vehicle franchise law, business transactions, litigation and administrative law. He represents motor vehicle dealers in disputes with manufacturers and regulatory agencies relative to new dealership additions, relocation of existing dealerships, dealership terminations, dealership transfers, vehicle allocation and unfair or disparate treatment by manufacturers.
He also represents clients buying or selling motor vehicle dealerships, including transactions involving individuals and publicly held corporations, and assists clients in locating potential buyers or sellers. Spickard represents clients throughout the United States before federal and state courts, administrative agencies, motor vehicle commissions and boards, and appellate courts.
Spickard is a member of The Florida Bar Association, the United States Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit, the United States District Court, Northern District of Florida and the United States District Court, Middle District of Florida. He is also a member of the National Association of Dealer Counsel.
Spickard has a Bachelor’s degree from Florida State University and a J.D. from the Florida State University College of Law.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.