Rachel is currently a Juris Doctor candidate at Barry University School of Law with an anticipated graduation date of 2021. She has an Earth Law and Policy Fellowship position with the Center for Earth Jurisprudence at Barry University. Rachel is also actively involved in the Earth & Environmental Law Journal, where she was published as a student author with her paper relating to prison systems and the environment.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.