Lakeland Real Estate Lawyer
Mr. Stanz has considerable experience...
Mr. Stanz has considerable experience...Robert J. Stanz practices in the area of real property law, with special emphasis on land use and development, commercial and residential transactions and mortgage law. He has significant experience with zoning, land development regulations, lending, leasing and has served as claim's counsel for various title companies. Mr. Stanz has represented real estate developers, property owners and energy companies in complex land use matters.
Mr. Stanz has considerable experience regarding the permitting, purchase, sale and leasing of communications towers, as well as Florida timeshare law and property owners' associations. He has represented members of the communications, phosphate, timber and energy industries throughout the State of Florida. Mr. Stanz' local government experience includes work throughout the states of Florida and Kentucky, including representation of various municipal organizations, including cities and fire departments.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Stanz worked for Attorney's Title Insurance Fund, Inc. in Orlando, Florida, where he gained substantial expertise in Florida land title issues. He also practiced law in Kentucky and Indiana, with an emphasis on real property, probate and local government. Mr. Stanz is an Army veteran of "Operation Just Cause" in Panama and has served with distinction in both the Army and Army Reserve over the past twenty years. He currently serves as the Assistant Staff Judge Advocate for the 143rd Transportation Command in Orlando, Florida, and his duties include advising the unit commander and providing legal assistance to soldiers within the Command.
He is admitted to practice in Florida, Kentucky and Indiana, and is a member of the American Bar Association, Florida Bar Association and the Lakeland Bar Association. Mr. Stanz is a member of the Polk County Builders Association, the Florida Home Builders Association, the National Association of Home Builders and the Lakeland Realtors Association. He lives in Lakeland, Florida and currently serves on the board of directors of the Child Development Center of Polk County and Junior Achievement of West Central Florida (Polk County).
Mr. Stanz earned his B.S. magna cum laude and his M.S. from the University of Louisville. In 1997, he earned his J.D. from the Louis D. Brandeis School of Law at the University of Louisville.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.